The Very Highest Quality Assurance...
BNTA - Code of Ethics||
Chard Coins, incorporating R.& L. Coins were a member of the BNTA since its inception in 1973 through to 2008 inclusive.
All members of the BNTA must agree to the Association's Code of Ethics, which is as follows:
A breach of the following shall be considered as prejudicial to the reputation of the Association and cause for action by the Council.
- I agree to be bound by and support the Articles of the Association and any further such Articles and policies as may be agreed by the Association.
- I agree to conduct my business in such a way as to bring no discredit on the Association or its Members and to take suitable action through the Association against flagrant breach of such business conduct.
- I agree to maintain adequate records of purchases so that any enquiries from proper authorities can be satsified.
- I agree never knowingly to offer, exhibit or advertise counterfeits, copies, restrikes or reproductions without their being clearly described as such. In no way will I knowingly represent such items as being the genuine article.
- I agree to take all reasonable steps to correct an error made in a normal transaction. In the event of a dispute, I would agree to submit the facts to the Council of the Association for arbitration.
- I agree to conform to accepted standards of advertising within the meaning of the Trade Descriptions Act.
- I will not supply any goods on trade terms to anyone who does not order them in writing on suitably headed trade stationery or who does not produce a trade card when buying in person.
- I will place to the credit account of any customer money paid to me by the customer. I will refund all or any part of the money in respect of any which i am not able to supply if such repayment is demanded. if no such demand is made, I will hold the money to the credit of the customer for a reasonable time. in the event that the customer lives outside the currency area of my country, I will deduct from repayment no more than is expended on normal bank conversion charges.
- I agree to fulfil all contracts made by me either orally or in writing. I further agree to pay on delivery for any material accepted from a customer unless otherwise desired or on monthly account for such material supplied by a member of the Association.
- I agree to help Members of the Association and any others of serious intent in the furtherance of numismatic knowledge and research.
If you would like to order the next edition of the BNTA Membership directory, please contact the General
Secretary enclosing a first class stamp.
BNTA British Numismatic Trade Association
Mrs Carol Carter, General Sectretary
PO Box 474A, Thames Ditton, Surrey, DT7 0WJ
Tel: 0181 398 4290 Fax: 0181 398 4291